DON GASPAR ARCHITECTURAL HISTORIC SURVEY

PNGcover page_Don Gaspar Architectural Historic Survey 1983 Color & B&W.png
product shot Don Gaspar.png
PNGcover page_Don Gaspar Architectural Historic Survey 1983 Color & B&W.png
product shot Don Gaspar.png

DON GASPAR ARCHITECTURAL HISTORIC SURVEY

14.99

Generally speaking the structures in the Don Gaspar Architectural Historic District were developed between 1890 and 1930. The district does include portion of the Old Santa Fe Trail and Galisteo, (both historic routes to and from the city, and both are shown on the 1767 Urrutia Map).  By 1912, much of the area was subdivided and developed, though remnants of the area still rural and the Old Santa Fe Trail was still dirt.

The district is located south of the State Capitol Building, and at the time of the 1983 survey consisted of 455 structures.  It was predominately residential with a shopping center dating from the earlier part of the nineteenth century. The shopping center is located at the intersection of Paseo de Peralta and Old Santa Fe Trail. Also, some residences have been converted to office use along Paseo de Peralta following the construction of State office buildings in the 1950s. 

Generally, the streets are in an irregular grid pattern, many of which are tree-lined. Most lots are fronted by walls and fences so that public rights-of-way are clearly defined.  Stylistically the Spanish-Pueblo Revival style predominates, though many other styles are presented such as the Territorial Revival, Italianate, Prairie, and bungalow.

This study of the area was intended to gather information for a National Register nomination. Prepared by Ellen Threinen Ittelsen and Linda Tigges for the City of Santa Fe, the report includes historic photos and a list and map of structures recommended for significant and contributing status.

Add To Cart

35 PAGES BY DIGITAL DELIVERY DELIVERED IN BOTH BLACK & WHITE AND COLOR. TOTAL PDF: 71 PAGES INCLUDING COVER.